Please click the job posting you wish to apply for more information.
Position: Wind Turbine Technician Type: Full Time Location: Windrise Wind Project – 29km southwest of Fort Macleod, AB We have exciting new opportunities for those who are looking to enhance their development, or perhaps join the work in the Wind Industry. As a Technician, you will learn and apply skills in the area of mechanics, rigging, electrical and quality control. All while being a key part in the overall construction of wind turbine towers. Key Accountabilities:
- Perform wind turbine construction and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes introductory operation and use of tools and basic turbine equipment.
- Adhere to all safety standards and procedures, including identifying risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment.
- Adapt and work with the various crews - Grout, Quality Control, Pre-Assembly, Electrical, Mechanical, Top out, Tensioning.
- Gather and give updates on the status of the construction of the wind turbine tower.
- Follow instructions and adhere to erecting schedules, and execution plans.
- Assist team members in accomplishing mutual goals, support and promote a positive work environment and culture.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities on job related processes and procedures
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus at all times.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and/or composite skills OR in absence of experience, a certificate of completion from an accepted Wind Technician program of equivalent scope, or experience working in a construction related industry.
- Must be able to effectively communicate; including oral and written correspondence.
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices/protocols.
- Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions with precise execution.
- Enhanced Interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with basic computer programs, as well as various applications (i.e., safety management system).
- Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
- Completion of the Basic Safety Training Standard through the Global Wind Organization (GWO).
- Completion of Advanced Rescue Training.
- Completion of Enhanced First Aid Training.
- Completion of a Wind Turbine Technician Certification.
- Completion of a Confined Space Entry/Monitor Certificate.
- Comfort working remotely in a wind turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction.
- Employees will need a strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work at extreme heights, in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.