Please click the job posting you wish to apply for more information.
Full Job Description
Company: Myshak Crane & Rigging Ltd. Position: Crane and Rigging Supervisor Location: Fort St. John, BC Type: Full Time, Hourly We are seeking an experienced full-time Crane and Rigging Supervisor. This position will provide leadership for all crane operators and riggers and assist with pricing and bidding various types of work. This position will ensure client satisfaction, service quality and cost control. In addition, this position will assist with planning, organizing and dispatching equipment and qualified crane operator personnel. The Crane and Rigging Supervisor will interact with all field personnel as well as oversee the transport from lay down yard to crane hook, as well as ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of crane equipment is in top shape. Key Accountabilities:
- Supervise cranes for project set- ups and project execution is in accordance with MCR and customer requirements and standards.
- Verify all heavy lift equipment is maintained in proper and safe working order.
- Complete all required reports and provide them to the operations manager.
- Maintain positive relationships with current and potential clients and employees.
- Communicate with maintenance personnel for any maintenance issues and/or damages.
- Supervise the overall job-site operation.
- Collect, review and approve work orders and time sheets from crane operators.
- Consist of the safe transport, setup, logbook recording, operation, and demobilization of mobile cranes.
- Follow all transportation regulations.
- Assemble/disassemble cranes.
- Calculate crane capacities and determine load weights.
- Operate crane and hoisting equipment to lift, move or position large objects at work sites
- High Mechanical aptitude and maintenance analytical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to complete routine tasks independently with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Represent MCR; help resolve any customer concerns in a professional manner. Following all site rules and adhering to at all times.
- Knowledgeable of emergency response plans, safe work procedures, permitting procedures and plant/mine safety rules.
- Perform pre-operational inspections, safety checks, test lifts and load chart calculations
- Fulfill Operational activities in a safe, efficient manner, by ensuring that all necessary procedures, practices, standards, rules, are documented and followed.
- Ensure that equipment is operated and maintained with maximum efficiency and productivity by initiating corrective action and ensuring operational, maintenance and engineering standards are adhered to.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Provincial or Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Mobile Crane ticket
- 5 – 8 years Crane Experience
- Class 1 Driver's License
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Capable to work in remote locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working at heights and physically fit
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Overtime as required.
- Travel as required.
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Overtime pay
- Fort St. John, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- crane: 5 years (required)