Please click the job posting you wish to apply for more information.
Wind Turbine Technician
Type: Full Time Location: Windrise Wind Project – 29km southwest of Fort Macleod, AB We have exciting new opportunities for those who are looking to enhance their development, or perhaps join the work in the Wind Industry. As a Technician, you will learn and apply skills in the area of mechanics, rigging, electrical and quality control. All while being a key part in the overall construction of wind turbine towers. Key Accountabilities:
- Perform wind turbine construction and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes introductory operation and use of tools and basic turbine equipment.
- Adhere to all safety standards and procedures, including identifying risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment.
- Adapt and work with the various crews - Grout, Quality Control, Pre-Assembly, Electrical, Mechanical, Top out, Tensioning.
- Gather and give updates on the status of the construction of the wind turbine tower.
- Follow instructions and adhere to erecting schedules, and execution plans.
- Assist team members in accomplishing mutual goals, support and promote a positive work environment and culture.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities on job related processes and procedures
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus at all times.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and/or composite skills OR in absence of experience, a certificate of completion from an accepted Wind Technician program of equivalent scope, or experience working in a construction related industry.
- Must be able to effectively communicate; including oral and written correspondence.
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices/protocols.
- Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions with precise execution.
- Enhanced Interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with basic computer programs, as well as various applications (i.e., safety management system).
- Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
- Completion of the Basic Safety Training Standard through the Global Wind Organization (GWO).
- Completion of Advanced Rescue Training.
- Completion of Enhanced First Aid Training.
- Completion of a Wind Turbine Technician Certification.
- Completion of a Confined Space Entry/Monitor Certificate.
- Comfort working remotely in a wind turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction.
- Employees will need a strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work at extreme heights, in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
Journeyman Crane Operator
Energy Crane Service
Position: Journeyman Crane Operator Location: Grande Prairie, AB Type: Full Time, Hourly We are seeking an experienced full-time Journeyman Crane Operator. This position will be responsible for a high quality and timely support to meet the requirements of site customers. You will be responsible for the operation of equipment in safe and efficient manner, and have a working knowledge of Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act Regulations. Key Accountabilities: · Transport, setup, operate and demobilize mobile cranes. · Follow road and crane regulations. · Assist with the assembly/disassembly cranes. · Calculate crane capacities and determine load weights. · Operate cranes to lift, move positions and place equipment and materials. · Perform routine maintenance. · Operate crane and hoisting equipment to lift, move or position large objects at work sites · High Mechanical aptitude and maintenance analytical troubleshooting skills. · Ability to complete routine tasks independently with exceptional problem-solving skills. · Represent Energy Crane Services; help resolve any customer concerns in a professional manner. Following all site rules and adhering to at all times. · Physically able to operate and maneuver heavy and irregular loads such as Crane accessories and Mounting plates. · Perform pre-operational inspections, safety checks, test lifts and load chart calculations · Communicate with assigned crews to determine the best placement of crane for planned lifts · May perform other duties as assigned Qualifications and Requirements: · Provincial or Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Mobile Crane ticket · 3 – 5 years Crane Experience · Class 1 Driver's License Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: · Mechanical aptitude · Strong work ethic and positive team attitude · Demonstrate exceptional customer service · Capable to work in remote locations · Excellent written and verbal communication skills · No fear of heights and physically fit · Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Working Conditions: · Overtime as required. · Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions · Camp and/or hotel accommodations are provided · May be required to work on a rotating on call shift. Notes: We are extremely proud of our team at Energy Crane Services. Our employees are engaged and committed to providing top notch external and internal customer service. We offer our employees a competitive compensation package, 100% employer paid benefits, the possibility of employee ownership, and a leadership team that supports you, and your goals. Please indicate in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the qualifications of the position. Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Benefits:
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Crane Operator: 3 years (preferred)