Please click the job posting you wish to apply for more information.
MTGEnergy Crane ServiceMCRSales and Rentals
Full TimePart Time
Posting Date: April 23, 2019 Closing Date: April 30, 2019 Engineering Technologist Position We are looking for an Engineering Technologist with a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience to join our Myshak Crane and Rigging Team on a full time basis. The Myshak Group of Companies is an industrial & commercial crane supply company that provides both operated and bare crane equipment rentals serving the Western Canadian market. Based out of Acheson, we also offer a full line of site support equipment, crane mats as well as warehousing and transportation services. Overall responsibilities of this position include creating and developing lifting and transport concepts which provide a good technical and economical solution to our customers by taking into consideration the job scope, the size of the crane required, as well as the site requirements (i.e. size of the site, site conditions, and any potentially congested areas). And finally, plotting the cranes required using AutoCAD. Our ideal candidate will have familiarity with Engineered Lift Study drawings, crane functions, capabilities, and standards with an Engineering Technologist background. Key Accountabilities:
- Providing input on the scope of work during the RFP/RFQ (Request for Proposal/Request for Quote) stage.
- Scoping crane sizes for various quote requests and assisting various departments with preliminary design work concepts for client presentation.
- Liaising with Operations & Estimating for regular communication and feedback on work progress.
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis and assess their requirements.
- Create a preliminary Engineered Lift Study drawing (Includes preparing, reviewing and marking for changes, detailed drawings).
- Review drawings and protect documents to ensure quality control of defined standards.
- Utilizes knowledge of various drafting disciplines, practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Conduct site visits and field calculation cross checks to ensure quality assurance for future quotes.
- Interpret plot plan drawings, vendor drawings, as-built drawings and determine rigging requirements.
- Provide detailed shop fabrication drawings, if required.
- Carry out any other related activities which can be reasonably demanded and/or which are necessary in the company’s interest.
- Two (2) year post-secondary diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology (or any other field related to the position) from a recognized post-secondary technical institute.
- Eligible for registration as a T.T./C.E.T with A.S.E.T.
- Possess a minimum 1-3 years’ experience in preparing drawings with a focus on Industrial Construction, Oil & Gas and/or the Crane Services industry.
- Proficient with AutoCAD (2D/3D drawings) & Navisworks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook.)
- Familiar with SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of crane operations as well as the limitations of the crane equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to participate positively in an engaging culture.
- Must be able to organize and plan tasks, with an ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be able to understand and clarify client needs.
- Must be dependable and committed to ensuring client needs are met.
- Ability to prepare engineered lift drawings; examine drawings for conformity and errors.
- Ability to create a final sketch of the proposed drawing, checks dimensions, equipment to be used, the relation of one part to another, and the relation of various equipment to the whole structure of the project.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Extensive experience in the crane industry.
- Fluent in AutoCAD functionality, able to set up options, load applications, editing etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Please indicate in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the qualifications of the position.
- Only those candidate who are selected for the interview will be contacted.
- We will be scheduling interviews over the next two weeks. In order to ensure that your application is considered please submit your application on or before April 30, 2019.